View Single Post
Old 09-06-05, 08:01 PM
Crankaddict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks you guys! After going to Radio Shack and being treated like an idiot by a 16 year old - and they could order a battery for me and have it in a week or so - Duh! I went to the only lighting place in town. They didn't have what I needed but the woman behind the counter knew me from seeing me riding near her home. She sent me to the hobby/train store where I found a 12v 7amp SLA battery. It was 20.00. I went to Tractor Supply and bought a 35watt tractor light for 9.99 and some connectors and wire. I brought the whole mess home and asked my husband to make it work. He spent 1/2 an hour or 2 beers time setting it up. I had a Minoura water bottle cage mount on the handlebars to carry a 3rd water bottle. He removed the cage and mounted the lamp bracket to the cage mount. It looks and works great! I took it out for a test run to get it aimed properly then tomorrow I'll have him do some fine tuning on the wiring.

Now I want a tail light! Thanks so much for all of your help and suggestions. You guys are the best!