View Single Post
Old 12-29-02, 10:07 PM
uciflylow
Still on two wheels!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OH yeah the real major producer of fat in your body is too much protein we eat far more protein than our ancestors and we are fatter because of it.
I will have to disagree with you on this one. The fact is that farmers fatten up farm animals on a high carb low protein diet! Hogs are fattened on ground corn almost exclusively, some use wheat or milo. They are all grains!

I will also contend that in a natural environment our ancestors ate a high percentage of protein and
little refined carbs.

I will concede that fads for the most part are bad, but we have had the "eat lots and lots of carbs and low fat" spoon feed to us for so long that's what everyone believes. Complex carbs are the type of carbs we should aim for when the energy is needed, not the refined starches and sugars. I routinely avoid white bread, potatoes, fruit juice, and any drink with sugar in it. I eat complex carbs and the whole fruit when I want the extra carbos.

I know too many people who have lost large amounts of body fat on a low carb diet to just dismiss it. These people did not change their exercise habits, only there, eating habits.