View Single Post
Old 09-07-05, 05:18 AM
SandySwimmer

Bikes: Trek 1000c

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lots of healthy losses happening here. It's great to read.

When I put my information into fitday.com and have discovered that if I don't take a multivitamin, it is difficult to get those trace minerals (like zinc, magnesium, selenium). A multivitamin is a nice insurance policy. And it seems to be even more important when limiting calories. Also, fitday.com has convinced me that I have to have broccoli or spinach every single day or I don't get my vitamin K. And Go Lean cereal is a great source of phosphorous.

Emergen-C (1000mg of C powder) is great to keep our immune system strong. My normal after exercise smoothie includes a banana, 10 ounces of soy milk, 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds, 1 tbsp. wheat germ, and an ounce of protein powder.

I don't like the idea of supplements, but these things are the things I have come to rely on to "supplement" my healthy diet.

Also, the only thing I have discovered with fruit is if I have indulged with something that contains sugar or white flour, I cut fruit the next day and the cravings for sugar (that usually follow eating sugar) disappear. Otherwise, I have about 5 days of cravings for stuff I shouldn't be eating.

Sandy