Old 04-15-13, 07:31 AM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsaSpokes
I would recommend getting the iPad camera kit for photo uploading (I think it's the only option).
There is another option, I think, which is to get an Eye-Fi camera card. If I have my facts right, there's an app you run on the iPad that connects to the camera card to get your photos. I've used the connection kit, though, and it worked fine for me. Keep in mind that the new camera connection kit comes in two forms, USB and SD card, I think. Make sure you get the right one. I used the old kit which came with both pieces, and I was able to use both with my camera because I could leave the SD card in the camera and connect it to the iPad via the USB part of the kit or remove the SD card and use it directly with the SD card part of the kit.

Originally Posted by lucille
I would love to tour with ipad, but I need photo storage which unfortunately ipad doesn't have. It's a great device though, nice to have with you for sure.
Depends on what you need for storage, I suppose. I try and empty my 64GB iPad of items I'm unlikely to want on a trip, and that generally leaves me with a good amount of storage. Also if you have an on-line photo storage solution, you can occasionally pass off photos to the cloud for storage. But then I don't tend to take that many pictures. If I did, I would probably just keep a supply of high capacity SD cards, because that seems like a pretty portable solution for extra storage, but if you take a lot of photos, that may not be the most efficient way to go.