Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 09-07-05, 06:53 AM
yangmusa

Bikes: Brompton H6, Schwinn Mirada, Cruzbike Sofrider. Used to own: ICE B1, 2 F-frame Moultons, Koga Myata Elevation 5000 mtb, Challenge Hurricane, Riese & Mueller Birdy Silver, Actionbent Tidalwave 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ulrich
My brother Nathan and I designed the rear dropouts on the aluminum Swift with Peter Reich, the original designer of the Swift.
Awesome to have someone from the manufacturer here!

To clarify a few points:

* If you look carefully at the rear dropout you will notice two M5 button-head screws. These are the "braze ons" for fenders/racks, etc.
I already talked to Xootr customer support about this. They're going to add info on the FAQ. Thanks for the clear picture though.

* I put Planet Bike recumbent fenders on my daily commuter. When we get a few minutes, we'll put some photos on the website showing one nice mounting scheme using zip ties
Customer support told me about you! He he, but looking forward to pictures. Again, this would be useful for the FAQ and I think customer support are working on it..

Lastly, if I could humbly express a wish, it would be for a 2nd Xootr model using an internal hub. Something like Guy Dickinson's black Swift in this thread. I'd prefer an SRAM Spectro 7 I guess, because it has a wider range than the Nexus 7*. I like the internal hub, but for myself feel it isn't worth the extra price over the standard setup (or at least, not that much of a premium..)

cheers, Magnus

PS: * I commented before that the SRAM was also cheaper and lighter. Well, I far as I can see, in the US it probably costs slightly more ($40?). But it IS cheaper than the Shimano Nexus 8 and has the same gear range! So, I wish I had checked that before shooting off before...