Old 04-15-13, 08:19 PM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Zagbad
It's just a reflector, not a big deal. Thanks though.

So I'm back with another update! I totally crashed my new bike. I made a right turn and hit a small bump that caused my front tire to make a sharp left. That's when our friend, mr. momentum, introduced me to our other friend, the sidewalk. I have a tiny scrape on my right eyebrow that bled like water from a faucet and a few scrapes on my legs from the pedals/sidewalk. My glasses are screwed. The lenses are ok, but the frame is junk. I got up and stopped the bleeding as best I could and continued on my way to the bike shop. Apparently I broke my shifters and crushed my bottle holder. Half way there I noticed that it got very bumpy, flat rear tire.

So I walked to the bike shop and took it to the guys in the back and explained that some prick stole my reflector, and I hit a little bump on the way there. I went to the restroom to clean off the blood and waited patiently for the repairs to be complete. They fixed me up and told me my brake levers are bent and there's a few minor scratches, but they fixed the shifters. I noticed they didn't replace the reflector, they don't have any of the proper size and dimensions. But they told me it's ok because I have a light, so the cops shouldn't give me any trouble. I owed them nothing for this, win! So I leave and half way home it starts getting bumpy again, flat. They filled my tires but forgot why they had to fill them. Ah well, it's too late to go back so I'll go in tomorrow. There's a glasses place on the way so I can drop them off for repairs too.

So who had an adventure tonight? I did! Now I'm off to go post this in the Clydesdale area too.
I"m speechless, but it does make a good ( can you believe this sh#t story) It will get better, I had 3 flats on the rear tire once on the same ride..