Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
Not what I asked but thanks. Maybe I wasn't clear so to restate.
For years Campy rear wheels had greater dish than Shimano. This was because the freehub was shorter on Shimano. With the advent of a wider freehub to accomodate 11 cogs in back for Shimano, Shimano now has a bit more dish than Campy 9/10s. So my question was directed more to Shimano wheelsets moving forward. Campy rear dish has been criticized by some and some have maintained that Shimano rear wheels with reduced dish have been more 'stable'. This has changed with the new greater dish of Shimano DA 9000 11s and my question is this new greater dish for Shimano problematic for wheel durability in Rob's experience....as he sees a far greater cross section of wheels compared to the average road biker.
It's true. With Campy though...gotta be honest - there's hardly anyone riding it. Fighting to try and achieve a good tension balance with such a severe dishing wasn't so bad when you hardly ever did it. Now it's just about every wheelset.

The issue is that you're running this balance of what the rims can take (drive side tension) and reaching a minimum tension on the nds to keep the system together while still being able to dish and true it correctly.

It's a poor design. We need to widen the spacing. It's time.