View Single Post
Old 04-18-13, 07:45 AM
motmcd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pelvic bone pain

I didn't see a better forum topic in which to post this question. I have a sudden onset of pain at left side, inferior pelvic bone where it contacts seat. I think I may have injured it two weeks ago during a mtn bike race; however I have no recollection of a particular event that could have caused injury. There were many technical obstacles on the course so it's possible I took a hard hit on the saddle as I jumped these obstacles. I became aware of the pain next day on the recovery ride and it isn't letting up. I have been mostly training on the mtb, but on a 30 mile road bike workout last night it was really sore. Both road and mtb have same saddle and saddle geometry setups as before to the race. Does anyone have experience with such pain? Any input on how to heal while continuing cycling? Advanced thanks for the feedback.

PS: I did crash during a mtb workout 3 weeks ago; however injuries were on right side. That said, however, I did have severe pain in right pelvis. I'm wondering if this pain is somehow related to that accident. Would a cracked pelvis feel like a bruising, bone pain?

Last edited by motmcd; 04-18-13 at 07:50 AM.