Old 04-18-13, 04:58 PM
LongT

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 2009 Specialized Hard Rock 29er, 1989 Cannondale w/Campy Nuovo Record Components (mostly anway, now just on the trainer) and Easy Racer Recumbent (home made from plans)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Similar story

I had a guy do something similar to me, well sort of. He pulled up alongside me in a hopped up Chevelle. Yelled something at me and did a burn out. I guess he forgot about the 90 degree left a little up the road. He missed the turn and ended up in the grass. Despite my better judgement I rode by laughing REAL loud. He heard me, gunned his engine again and proceeded to dig his rear tires in the mud. Probably needed a tow out. I didn't stick around to find out!

Another time a guy passed me and put his car across the road and shoulder to block me. As I rode by he asked what I was doing on that rode when people were trying to get to work. I said I'm doing the same thing. THis is a wide road with a wide paved shoulder. I was about 4 blocks from work. The guy worked in my group although I didn't know him. I presented a Bicycle safety topic at our next group safety meeting and went in detail about the incident. He was there. I didn't say his name but described his car in detail, a hopped up Ford Maverick.

Bill

Last edited by LongT; 04-18-13 at 05:03 PM. Reason: add info