Old 04-19-13, 06:14 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Altair 4
Years ago (like 1975), I had a Zefal pump on my bike and it worked great. I can't actually recall what happened to it, but somewhere along the way we parted company. I still have the same bike and recently brought it up to riding condition and bought a Topeak Master Blaster for it. Looks good, easily inflates my 27 x 1 1/4 tires to 90 PSI, and fits in the triangle at the seatpost. I still have Zefal frame bracket near the top of the seatpost to hold the top of the pump and the Topeak fits in it just fine. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but if you want to keep the "vintage-osity" thing going, then I'd go with the Zefal.
I have some of the Zefal's but I prefer a pump with a pressure gauge. the Zefal is over 15 years old and still works but I haven't needed to use it in many years.