Old 04-21-13, 06:37 AM
marmot

Bikes: Kona Dew Drop, Specialized Expedition Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's so easy to fall off the wagon, errodr.
Skiing has been my downfall, literally. I usually lose a few pounds in the summer by biking, paddling, swimming, the gym, etc., then gain a few in the winter when good bike days are few and I skip the gym to go skiing (I love it, but it's not a great workout). It's worse this year, because a house sale, moving and renos (exhausting, but not fitness-friendly) took up my summer last year. Then I tore a muscle skiing and was off my feet for a month. I've recovered enough to use a rowing machine and a stationary bike, and hope to get back on my real bike this week. I'm 5-11, was down to 185 but I'm back in the Clyde club for now.
Fashion notes: You can get wicking workout T-shirts at Wally Mart or Target for $8 or so. They're cool, comfy and loose-fitting, and I like them better than bike jerseys even when I'm fit, trim and lovely to look at. You can also buy liner shorts for a lot less than full bike shorts, and wear them under any trousers you like. If you want mountain-bike shorts, the ones with detachable liners are easier to live with than the sewn-in kind.