View Single Post
Old 04-23-13, 03:23 AM
Winnershcyclist

Bikes: Trek 7.5fx, Specialized Roubaix Comp, Allez , Create 2013, Dutch sit up and beg, Mountain bike,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikey Mikey
+1 on getting a good pair of shorts especially for a long ride. For a long time I have worn, and still do wear, Aerotech Design wild print shorts which have a minimal pad--their "Pro" chamois which is very minimal. Their fine for up to 60 miles, but when I get beyond that I start to feel it in my rear. I did some 70 to 85 mile rides and had some discomfort. I just got a pair of Sugoi RS shorts which have a much better pad and I wore them for the 108 mile ride I did last Monday--I had no problems in the posterior department with those shorts. I'll still use the Aerotech Designs(ATD) shorts for rides up to 50 miles, but if I think or plan on more, I'm wearing the Sugoi shorts. Now, I have not tried ATD's shorts with "better" chamois, which may be fine. ATD shorts are quite attractive because of their price. Not sure how well their Top Shelf, Century, or Black P. shorts would be--maybe they'd be fine for a century--may pull the trigger on a pair to try. Their touring short uses a gel pad--I was advised by the LBS to avoid Gel pads as it's like riding on two squirrels.

The Sugoi RS shorts are not cheap, well, not to me.
Hi I checked out the sugoi and they are about the same price give or take £20 for me I notice they have 10 panels whereas the ones I ordered from Assos have 6 and are more expensive now I dont know if it is just the brand that I am paying for or are they better?