Old 04-28-13, 10:55 PM
Telly
What, me worry?

Bikes: Corratec / Jamis

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I honestly consume a lot of soft drinks (diet mostly) and coffee year round EXCEPT for summer (May to September for Greece) where because of sweating, especially during cycling, I end up consuming vast amounts of water (around 4.5L or 18+ glasses) and try to avoid drinking anything else.
I've been warned by my doctor to keep a check on this amount so I can avoid getting "water poisoning*" and if I'm thirsty to drink a sports drink, preferably without sugar to raise my electrolytes.

For dieting, I still try to have a glass or two of water ten minutes before eating which DOES help me from overindulging and having seconds (or thirds, or fourths.... ). I also drink a glass before sleeping which keeps me feeling "full" and from nightly fridge raids.

IndianaRecRider, I'm sorry to bring this into the subject but I remember when a family member (survivor) was diagnosed with cancer, the doctor told her to cut down on milk (she drank a lot as well) because for adults, milk "feeds" the cancer cells we all have in us and raises the risk.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication