hartphoto 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive
Order the Roam XR1.
^^^^Ditto. That looks sweet.

I've taken a Craigslist 2003 Gary Fisher Solstice 'Comfort/Commuter' and turned it into a very capable 'Hybrid' (at least, for everything I do).

Added a Brooks Champion Flyer (sprung B17), changed the stem and handlebar to a more 'flat bar road bike' style (carbon fiber). Also put some Schwalbe Kojaks (26x2) on it, and it's now the most versatile and comfortable bike I own (out of 9, including 3 tandems).

~30 miles this past Saturday jumping curbs, trying to extend my 'wheelie' distance, cruising the streets and MUPS (including some hard dirt pack construction area), and the only thing sore was my legs. No hand/feet/crotch tingling/numbness, hot spots or nothing. Just fun and fast (for me, averaged ~14mph).

Is it going to win any weight weenie contests? No. Am I going to get 'scalped' every now and then? Sure. Do I care about either? Absolutely not.

It's a fun and COMFORTABLE bike to do everything I want to do fitness/fun/occasional shopping wise (I have a BOB trailer for it, plus panniers), but also great for just moseying along to follow the kiddos to/from school.

Next two upgrades.....new cool custom paint job and one of those air/oil forks.