Old 04-29-13, 01:05 PM
Sabby

Bikes: Rahleigh Talus 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
That's a great video. I agree with you, the Altimira does look good but a bit long. And 110 mm stem is long for a woman your size in the base case. I wouldn't say that standover is perfect. Only one inch of clearance is what we used to have with traditional geometry/horizontal top tubes. Ideally with the sloping top tube it should be more. BUT that is the advantage of the compact system. It gives you the freedom to go up in size on the frame to get the head tube height you need without making it impossible to stand over the bike. Good job. I think you have got it figured out. Looks like the Moto will work for you with a shorter stem, maybe 90 mm would be right, maybe a 100, maybe flipped down, maybe flipped up. And don't forget you will lose another 50 mm with the shorter Moto top tube. I don't know if BD will do this for you, but no matter. Even good stems aren't too expensive, and you can easily sell the old one on ebay. Just get the bike how BD wants to sent it, and use the set up you receive to work out what length stem you really need. You will be good to go.

Yay!

Yes, I was thinking if the stem on the Moto is too long and flipping it doesn't help then I will just replace it. I'm not afraid to put it on my bike stand and fiddle.

BTW - that Altamira is a great bike. That particular one came with 105 components and I think it's right at $2K. I didn't like the saddle (super hard) but that's exchangeable.