Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Sabby
Hi bikebreak,

I did get the larger one! I got the 51. The standover height of it is actually a tad lower than the Fuji I tried and I could standover that just fine. So, I should be good.

I'm already pretty proficient at tuning shifters and brakes. My brother initially taught me but then when I get rusty I look it up on youtube or google it.

I'm planning on stripping my mtb to the frame and replacing everything, so that will help me learn how to replace broken parts or if I just don't like a part and want to upgrade.

But, yeah, I've always been perplexed by people who bring their bikes or cars in for every little thing. That being said, not everyone is handy. Also, that being said, I bring my car in for oil change because I don't like doing that myself. So, whatever people do with their money is their business. Now, by buying a DIY bike I am aware ahead of time of the service commitment I am making. I am actually looking forward to it.

Most people who know me won't be surprised I got a DIY bike. But, I am hoping I don't get snobbed on at my first group ride. Oh well, if it happens it happens. I'm almost 40 years old...too old to seriously care.
Good luck with the new bike Sabby. Know you will love it and well done on the due dilligence.