View Single Post
Old 05-01-13, 03:27 PM
mrsmystery

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey gang,

I've been a long time lurker and a first time poster. I've been a cyclist for approaching a decade now, but last year I was in an accident and totaled my road bike. After a bit of rehab I would like to get back in the saddle this summer, but I would like a change of pace and I'm thinking of a single speed bike for short 30-40km rides and commuting, both for exercise (I've put on 30lbs since the accident!) and to working/rehabbing my way back to being able to ride a road bike for my long distance rides. I don't have much of a budget at the moment, and I was eyeing the SE Draft at $299. The only place I've found in Toronto that sells the SE Draft is Bikes on Wheels, and they want $399 (or $100 over msrp) for it and they aren't willing to negotiate! I was wondering if you guys knew anywhere else in Toronto that sold SE bikes, or if you could suggest an alternative in that price range (I can do $350 before tax max, I have a pump, patch kit, tools, lock etc at home already. Will need a new helmet though).

Thanks everyone! Stay safe out there

Kelly