Old 05-02-13, 08:22 AM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by walkie
Hello everyone,

I'm an industrial design student and our current mission is to develop new Walkie Talkies. Right now I need to ask myself, and yourself, who uses Walkie Talkies anymore and why. Below are some questions, you can answer any of them and of course just give your opinion. What I want to know is how you and your hobby (or lifestyle) of biking makes use of Walkie Talkies.

1. Do you use Walkie Talkies, if so why? Why not?

2. Explain how and when do you use them?
- example: 'First we decide on a channel, then I turn the volume way down... only use them if I lost the gang'

3. Where do you keep the Walkie Talkie while riding?

4. What functions do you like? Dislike?

5. Anything you might like to share and add?

You can share anything you like on the subject of Walkie Talkies, everything helps . Wish you all a great day, and thanks for any help!
Although I've never used them on a bike, I have used them while offroading in the desert. It's a cheap alternative to a CB or a Ham Radio. Get farther than 50' from the truck in front of you and the thing would break up. Hit a bump and it'd fly off the dash. After awhile, most people just went to a CB radio for convenience. Now most of the group has ham licenses and use those.

If you want to make them better, I'd say improving their range and battery life would be goal #1.