View Single Post
Old 05-02-13, 04:27 PM
big chainring 

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked 730 Times in 353 Posts
I take the approach that I am an annoyance to those in motorized vehicles. I stay out of the way. I go out of my way to avoid any kind of interaction with motorists. I haven't had any kind of an encounter with a motorist in years. When I was younger and full of angst I had many instances of road rage gone wild. Not any more. I stay out of the way, ride the white line, and let everyone pass me. The "take the lane" attitude is just wrong. And those that ride that way are just asking for trouble. When I am driving and encounter cyclists riding two abreast taking up a whole lane I get pretty pissed. They are creating an annoyance for those in cars.

The other day, at rush hour, at a crowded intersection, i saw a cyclist making a left turn from the left turn lane. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Why put yourself out there like that. Do anything to skirt around that kind of situation. A biker thinking they are a regular vehicle in traffic is going to get caught up in some bad situations. Be safe, think of where you are, and what are the best alternatives to stay out of the way of traffic.