View Single Post
Old 05-03-13, 11:28 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cranky old dude

Then I eventually arrived home to my little non-paradise. My lawn consists of several tufts of grass, a lot of moss, a never ending array of weeds, and lots of bare spots. In my defense though, many of the tufts of grass do merge together, well a few of them do anyway. The paint is peeling off most of my window trim and my decorative shutters are in dis-repair.

As I leaned back in the seat on my Tour Easy I couldn't help but feel a bit remiss about the condition of my little piece of the world. What a mess! Then, I noticed the lonely white Tulip. Jeepers it sure looks pretty if you just ignore its bleak surroundings. I wonder........
A year ahead of you on the retirement stakes and you have a busy summer ahead of you. Won't go through the list of last years jobs but only one left over from then and I am waiting for the weather to get right before the shed gets reroofed. That is providing this years list does not get in the way beforehand.

But don't worry about the state of the house and garden--unless it needs doing urgently--Tomorrow will still be there next year aswell.

About those dandelions they are weeds. But a weed is only a plant that is in the wrong place. I have plenty of alpine violets that spring up everywhere and as for that little fern the wife bought that seeds everywhere? ? ? Only good thing about dandelions is that the chickens love them-so do the rabbits and they are another problem.

Glad to see that you have time to look around your patch to find the faults that need rectifying--but finding them is one thing. Finding time and enthusiasm to sort them is another matter. But as I say--There is always tomorrow providing it does not affect the important things in life.

Spike Milligan