Old 05-06-13, 01:46 AM
duopar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Found a Rans Fusion on Craigslist dirt cheap, decided to give it a try and couldn't be happier. I've ridden uprights for ages and recumbents for 20 years, including short wheelbase, compact long wheelbase and long wheelbase models. If you had asked me only a year ago whether I had any interest in a crank forward, I would have said absolutely not. But this bike has done the impossible. I no longer have any interest in recumbents anymore. I'm just as comfortable if not more so on the Fusion seat than any recumbent seat I've ridden, although I haven't tested that at century distances yet. It's almost as nimble as a short wheelbase recumbent, but has most of the stability and comfort of a long wheelbase. It's a lot easier to store than a long wheelbase at only 6.5 feet long rather than 7.5 to 8 feet. The 26" front wheel takes bumps better than the little front wheels of most recumbents. I can climb better on it than any of the recumbents I previously owned. It may not be as fast as a performance recumbent, but I don't care. If you don't like extra attention, this bike is good since most people don't give it a second look as I pass by, unlike recumbents that often get a stare or a laugh. As Bryan Ball wrote in his review, it has "hoppability," that quality that makes it the bike you reach for when you want to take a quick, unplanned ride. It quickly became my favorite bike and I've sold my recumbents.