View Single Post
Old 05-07-13, 09:18 AM
Push
Zeusmeatball

Bikes: 1976 Motobecane Nomade Sprint, 1988 Specialized Rockhopper comp, 1991 Schwinn Crisscross, 2009 K2 Zed 3.2, 2011 Trek X-Caliber Gary Fisher collection

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Push needs a push...

I thought about writing a blog post on this subject but decided I would pop in on the good old clyde forum this time around because I thought I might get more people that could relate, so here goes.

So, I have come from being a 534 pound completely inactive guy down to a 300 pound healthy fella (I am just shy of 6'5'' tall) riding 100 or so miles per week and now back up to a roughly 390-400 pound guy somewhere in between on the activity scale but leaning towards less. I use to blog to keep myself straight but alas, time is not something that I have the convenience of to sit back and write in my blog daily not to mention having my daughter (2 years old) to care for al day. I NEED to get back on the bike daily and yet I seem to be finding excuses as to why I don't do it...

I am completely engrossed in bikes/bike stuff with the spring here I work on old bikes and flip them for a little extra income, people that know me typically ask first "how's the riding?" or "How many bikes do you have now?" yet lately I would not say that I "ride" often enough. My daughter enjoys riding in the bike trailer and is old enough now for rides but still I find myself passing on taking a ride more times than not... there has been some how do I say? stressful road blocks in my life that demand my attention and they are definitely contributing to the weight gain as well as the lack of riding but when I get down to it that's just an excuse...

I love riding and anything bicycle related, waited all winter to get back out there regularly and here we are and I am not riding as much as I would like to be and its a motivation thing because of the other crap going on around me, so this is my dilemma, How do I get back into a groove riding regularly again? if I am being honest confidence is a part of it, confidence on my bikes handling my bigger self to a lesser form and confidence in general as I am a good amount bigger than when I as doing 20 some odd mile rides a couple times per week to relax, so drop some wisdom on me guys and gals and "just do it" doesn't seem to be working....

How do you get out of a funk and back in the saddle as it were?

sorry for the long post... when I began writing it was going to be short.

As Ever
Push