Old 09-09-05, 07:55 AM
dubwoy

Bikes: none at present

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im touring from Alaska to Argentina at the moment and have many many stories of undescribale generosity and freindship that has changed my life forever. If i were to repay them all i would need more than this lifetime to do so.
I was cycling through Baja California when i snapped my back wheel in several places, having only had the wheel for a few months i contacted Sun and explained the situation to them and they said that a town called Hermosillo had a dealer that could help, as luck would have it or as i thought luck, we were able to take the ferry directly across and only have a 100 km ride to get to Hermosillo.
Whilst riding into the town i fell into a grate that ran the same way as your wheel turns, i wasnt hurt but got up and actually laughed i couldnt believe id fell off in such a stupid postion, i stopped laughing when i saw that id actually snapped my top tube. I was in tears at the side of the road for a long time, and then spent the rest of the day in daze feeling completely gutted. A man approached called Carlos who launched into the usual questions, how far do you come a day, and i was just going to tell him i wasnt in the modd when he said i could stay at his place and they would hwelp me out, i stayed for over two weeks and they fed me helped me get the bike welded and were really cool.
I wasnt sure about the quailty of the welding considering the long distance i still had left and decided to go to America to get some advice from people that i could communicate with, so me and my girlfriend Anna Marie set of hitch hiking me carrying a batterd bike frame and her my broken back wheel, we get to Tucson and are walking around trying to get a lift when a car pulls up and asks if we need help, it was very hot so we accepted. Thats how we met Dean and Leila, they took us to various bike shops and then to a bike co op where a man confirmed my worst fears about the welding but as we were leaving he came running out with the offer of a replacement for free, i couldnt believe i really thought hat my tour was over and then one chance event foolowed another to culminate in a solutiojn to all my problems.
If that wasnt cool enough me and anna marie and dean and leila forged a friendship that i believe is heaven sent we are in contcat all the time and actually spent a great week together in Southern Utrah and Arizona visiting the canyons of that area. Theirt friendship is without a doubt the best gift ive ever recieved, im so happy to know them not because of what i got out of it but because they are just the best people ever. This journey is the most important ive ever been on it has humbled me to a point wher i can grow and that i have to thank the many people that have shown me the kindness of their hearts.
Ride on all love and peace rich