Old 05-09-13, 01:41 PM
Amazonia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
Amazonia,
I'd recommend that you spend a bit of time in you local library. There have been many books written on the subject of basic bike designs, the parts and their relationships. Some have large color illustrations. You can find modern ones in your local large chain bookstore, too.

Although we're in a high tech age, sometimes books are still best for some, but maybe not for you. If your dyslexia doesn't allow you to concentrate and read for any length of time comfortably, then maybe you can locate a bike coop nearby. The volunteers there may be able and willing to discuss the differences and show you examples. Using the question-answer format, you might learn what you need.

Good luck.

PG
Thanks. I used to spend hours in the library but not anymore. I will look for a reference book that I can get from Amazon and keep on my iPad. My hard drive is full so new information doesn't stick as well as the old. What did I do two days ago? Dunno. But just ask me the names of teachers, where I used to live, the names of the kids I babysat for... I'm all over that. I even know just about every breed of dog by sight, but new information... Sigh.

As far as learning, kinesthetic. I'll remember facts I hear, but for as far as the ways things work, I have to at least see it and preferably experience it.