Old 05-09-13, 05:38 PM
wombat94

Bikes: 2013 Fuji Absolute 3.0 - 1998 Trek 800 Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well... that was FUN!

I got home and the packages with the tires and tool kit were here. In between dropping off DD2 at Taekwondo and picking her up 45 minutes later, I had changed both tires and the Town and Countrys were on!

I went and picked her up, came home ate dinner and realized that I had enough time for a quick shake-down ride.

My neighborhood is fairly hilly so I wasn't sure what to expect from a first ride... I'm actually quite pleased overall. 2.4 miles in just under 13 minutes. It wasn't really FAST in terms of cycling, but after running this little route dozens of times in the last year, I felt like I was flying.

I LOVE the Town and Country tires. My old Trek 800 feels like a new machine and it is SO nice riding on the slicks.

From a stamina/workout perspective, I can feel the difference in working out some different muscles in calves and thighs, but I think I'll be able to handle longer rides from a cardio standpoint with no problem... I'll probably have to worry more about overdoing it on the muscles because he endurance is already there.

Thanks for the advice.

I feel like I'm on another fitness adventure with taking cycling back up!

Ted