Old 05-09-13, 11:00 PM
Gizzy3

Bikes: Specialized Globe, Electra Townies, Gary Fisher Mtn bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ah HA! This is where the cool people hang out.

Hey All... I posted in the Introduction area... and someone suggested I check out the 50+ section! What the heck!! You young wipersnapper! Then checked it out and find that - yes, this is better, Nice to be among the wise

Just spent an hour or two reading forums... Just too many interesting people to not join!
54 years old, live in Northern Colorado and am advancing back into biking the past year. Ready to pull the trigger on a my first road bike since my Schwinn Varsity back in high school. Damn that was a *****en bike!
Hip and knee finally said no more basketball so got into biking with my wife last year on Townies... lots of fun but once we were riding 20 miles at a time, got tired of the 'fun' bike. Went to a specialized globe... first 700 tire bike, love it... but now it's time for the next step. I think I'll always ride the Townie though...it's been a blessing for the wife and I as the kids have left the nest.
So I am a newbie to your world... for now!
Looking at a near new Specialized Sequoia Elite on C/L in a 56.
I'm 6', 220 lb, 32 inch inseem. My Globe Sport is a 55 and a hair short.
When I go ride it Sunday, what would tell me if it's too short or tall?
Also - not to offend, cuz I've been reading your sarcastic and hilarious responses on these forums... but Can I go roadie without going full spandex? A little fear of 'clipping in' to the peddles too. Tried it on my mountain bike 5 years ago and ate dirt a couple of times.

I don't want to make the grandkids laugh.