Old 05-10-13, 01:45 AM
Stix Zadinia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My inseam is 82cm barefoot.

I'm a guy and yes I was thinking the same, if I'm right in between 52 and 54 (and it feels like that to me) then why not go with the bike I like the most and just make adjustments to it?
But the dealer really stood his ground (two days in a row, now) and even asked a couple of guys from a neighboring shop today ''Hey, what (road bike) size do you think he (me) is?''
Both hesitated, but then agreed on the 52, and afterwards, one of them told me I could be risking not being able to handle the brakes as good in a critical situation, which is of course a very compelling argument.

The dealer's argument for not lowering the saddle (it was quite high on the 54 Allez Comp) was that it would look really not very good (aesthetic argument, same as mine), but the differences in length are negligible enough for me to dispute him:

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik...meset#geometry

Basically knowing I'm in between those two sizes, I wanted the bigger one (looks WAY better to me), even if it meant adjusting it here and there. But the salesman would not go along with it at all
(even though the distributor has availability of the frame on all the sizes, so it's not a matter of he trying to get me stuck with some leftover merchandise or anything like that, I think).

I guess I still would have a slim chance to get the frame changed, if I were to speak directly to the owner of the shop (who's always there, but coincidentally enough hasn't the past couple of days) with some good arguments.