View Single Post
Old 05-10-13, 07:59 AM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BigAura
Hey Bekologist: Do you have an airplane hanger to store all your bikes and camping equipment?

No, it all packs up pretty small . I'm always N -1/+1 bikes and gear. I worked for over a decade in the outdoor gear and bicycle industry in big, independent shops, and was also a field tester for MSR, etc. Lots of comp and deep discounted gear and bike stuff for me in the last decade and a half. I'm still working in the outdoor industry while i continue my university studies. I've slept outdoors almost two years worth of nights in my life so far.

A word of advice for the less grizzled - if you want more outdoor living space while camping out, bring along a siltarp.

pitch it over the tent as a super awning/shade shelter, use it to cook under when it's raining, sort gear under the mist of mornings, cover the bikes if you want them to be less conspicuous, etc.

pack a tarp.

AS for tents, my current favorite tents are the Black Diamond EPIC canopy ultralite tent lighthouse series. they pack up SMALL for the interior size the provide, and are quite stormworthy. This tent, with hella room inside, although its 3 pounds, because of the fabric, packs up to the size of a one liter water bottle, plus the poles. sorry i don't have any better photos of the tent. Black Diamond lighthouse series of tents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
campincoffee.jpg (52.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg
Itentshot06.jpg (66.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Bekologist; 05-10-13 at 09:53 AM.