View Single Post
Old 05-12-13, 02:24 PM
Winnershcyclist

Bikes: Trek 7.5fx, Specialized Roubaix Comp, Allez , Create 2013, Dutch sit up and beg, Mountain bike,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Planemaker
Got my pedals installed today, picked out shoes and spent some time in the trainer getting my bike fit and learning how to clip in and out of the pedals.

So, tonight I decided to go for a 10 mile ride to work on getting in and out of the pedals (it is going to some getting used to). I got 5 miles into my ride and decided to push it out to 15 miles at the 7.5 mile mark (my turn around) I decided to just go for 20 miles. I can really tell the difference with the cleat on the few uphill climbs I have to make. Most of the time I was able to get back in the cleats after a stop fairly well but, I did have a few problems.

FYI - I did not fall once but came close at my last stop before home, I did not get a great start at the light and I was in to high of gear, I stuck my non cleated foot on the pedal and immediately locked in. It was shear panic trying to get enough speed up to keep from falling over but, I managed to stay upright.

My calves are sore and my right knee is a bit stiff from getting in and out of the pedals (I have had 3 surgeries on my right knee and it is stiff most of the time anyway).

The LBS moved my seat a bit higher and rotated over a little to get my wrists into more of a neutral position. The setup was more comfortable.
I started with spd and my knee would ache and did fall over once plus couldnt get in the left without serious looking, since moving to Look KEO Max no pain and also much easier for me to clip in and out as the