View Single Post
Old 05-13-13, 08:14 AM
Toeser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cfiber
It might "work" for you, but it's a very unsafe and risky thing to do, and I personally would consider it as foolhardy, to say the least. I can assure you that it will not work for most people!
In all honesty, 70% of cycling done "hands free", seems more like a circus performance, than serious cycling. C'mon now man! Seriously?
I agree that it might be unsafe for some people, but if learned and executed properly, it is not unsafe. I have ridden 44,600 miles to date. I estimate that around 24,000 miles of that was hands-free without a single accident or incident. That sounds pretty safe to me. What's my choice, give up biking? Note: I don't ride in traffic and probably 90% of my riding is off-road on trails. I should have clarified that.

As to serious cycling, serious to who? Just because I don't ride the way you do does not mean my cycling is not as legitimate. I am not trying to compete with Lance Armstrong, with or without doping. Why try to define how other people engage in the sport or exercise?