View Single Post
Old 05-15-13, 10:41 PM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Well I seriously hope (and expect) NorCal to represent far better than Socal did. So far, the route down there has been exceptionally uneventful and frankly boring. Those roads they are using are seriously in the middle of nowhere, coming from nowhere, going nowhere. They move the race to May, then go race the desert...go figure. I really hope we don't get any more DNS/DNF's...the World Champ has already abandoned (guess his wife is having a baby soon).

I think anywhere along the road from Juniper to Devil's Elbow will be a great spot. I think we're gonna try to find a spot as close to Devil's Elbow as possible, no doubt the race will be full on by that point. "The Pipe" looks like a great spot...didn't really think about finding a spot that can also see down below, but maybe I'll try to find a spot like that.

Does anyone know if they are gonna shut off the water in the park? They did last year (at least the 2 or 3 spigots I tried), and if they do, I'll probably bring a water bladder. I guess I can call, but I'm lazy