View Single Post
Old 05-15-13, 10:52 PM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by canam73
So one day Schleck sits up on the finishing climb and spends the next day in the break.

I have no doubt that he and his coaches know way more than I do about cycling but......what's the plan there?

I'm not big fan of his, but I would like to see him back on form as it makes the races more interesting.
There is no plan. A lot of these big names come here simply to train under racing conditions. Schleck and Chavanel get some breakaway time, get the legs stretched out and moving. Also, a LOT of it is for TV time. "Oh! Look it's Andy Schleck, I've heard of him! He rides a Trek! I want one" Same with Chavanel, buy a brand new Specialized, your favorite "name" European pro rides one too, and he's all over my TV in a breakaway! The day Chavanel was in the break was hilarious, because there was a guy like 16 seconds out of the lead of the race, break was DOOMED, but they still kept riding along to get the TV time.