View Single Post
Old 05-16-13, 11:18 AM
Commodus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by adrien
What's his point? He takes a spurious concept (everyone wanted to be like Lance), cites anecdotal evidence (one story of a friend being criticized on a group ride) and then ties it to a lack of bike friendliness for our cities. I'm surprised there's no mention of the IRS scandal in here.

My favorite, though, is the notion that falling out of fashion is fascism. What part of not following a trend is akin to a system of government anchored by fear, intimidation and a stringent control of media?

I think he's trying very hard to be clever. Didn't really work, at least not for me. But I don't think this is for people who actually ride bikes.

I have some kit stuff, some not. I like it tight because I don't like it flapping in the wind. I know what fascism actually is. And I wear whatever I feel like. Lance being a doper doesn't figure into it.
I think this is the sort of article written by a guy who's trying, as you say, very hard to be clever and really has no understanding of the culture/group/sport he's writing about.