View Single Post
Old 05-17-13, 02:05 AM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive
I bought a set of these without researching them mavic ksyrium equipe, the LBS said they would be fine. I'm 230 with a 21 pound bike, but I read later on Mavic's site, weight limit is 200 combined total. Confronted the bike shop, and they said that was just for insurance & lawyer stuff.. I'm running 700 x 32's with lower air pressure for a smoother ride. The bike shop said bring them back in a couple months for a check up. Should I try & sell them, or just ride and see what happens ? Thanks Richard
Don't know about the Ksyrium Equipe, my LBS lent me a bike with Ksyrium Elite wheels on it (they are quite old but not sure how old) and I took the bike for a spin to see how it handled. I weigh about 250 with the weight of the bike on top. I put about 30-40 miles on the bike before giving it back and didn't feel unsafe on the wheels.