Old 09-10-05, 02:02 PM
jph6t

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jur
Originally Posted by jur
Here's how I mounted my OnGuard U-lock. The lock's mounting bracket is mounted on the portion of the seat tube above the top tube. I could not get the bracket on the lower portion, the tube diameter seems too large (despite OnGuard's claim of universality), but by removing the seat clamp, I was able to slip it on that top portion without having to open the mounting bracket's clamp. I did not want it on my seat post, I have other stuff there (removed for the photo). On the seat stay, a length of velcro tape keeps it secure so it does not rattle and is more sturdy going over bumps, having two support points. In my case, the velcro also goes around the brake mounting point.
Thanks for the pics!

Yeah, I guess that would probably work on my frame. Is it far enough in though that the lock and/or bracket doesn't hit your leg? That has been my problem. The lock has to be pretty much near in line wit the frame else my leg hits it.

I guess I didn't try mounting it that low though ... as I didn't want to rub the paint of the strut ... and didn't want to deal with the noise of the lock hitting the same point. But by adding the velcro I guess you solved the noise part at least (assuming it still rubs the paint off a little bit).