Old 05-20-13, 11:35 AM
ZombieRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frantik
I know it's your first post and all.. but you're straight making things up. makes it so much easier to blame the victim that way!
You expect me to believe that four cyclists said nothing to a guy who purposely buzzed them? You expect me to believe that four cyclists made no gesture, rude or non-rude (such as putting up a hand to say hey lookout), to a guy who purposely buzzed them? You expect me to believe that four cyclists (who ran a red light) just rode by the idiot driver (stopped at that red light) who just purposely buzzed them and not one of them even glanced his way?

You expect me to believe that after the second incident where he threw a shake and hit one cyclist with it that not one person of the four cyclists said or did anything?

If so I'd say you're the one making things up.

But for sake of argument let's say that the cyclists did nothing after getting buzzed and hit with the shake by that idiot driver.....

That idiot driver threw something at them and hit one of the cyclists. That idiot driver then stopped further down the road and got out of his car and was waiting for the cyclists to come to him. That idiot driver was looking for a physical confrontation.

And not one cyclist of the four stopped short of him or turned around or turned onto another street to avoid a physical confrontation with him. Not one of them pulled out a cell phone and called the cops. (until after the girl was run over)

No they decided to ride past him again. One cyclist as he rode by the car broke a window after the guy lunged at him. That tells me the cyclist already had the u-lock in his hand was ready to use it as he rode up on the guy.

Make no mistake: The cyclists are victims.

But what I've noticed reading this thread is you don't understand that not all victims are equal. These victims were being harassed by an idiot driver and these victims made no effort to get away from him. They continued to travel the same direction as the idiot driver.

These four cyclists had multiple chances to break off the confrontation with the idiot driver.

If the driver had buzzed them and then immediately stop and jump out of the truck then you and I would be in agreement. However that didn't happen. The driver buzzed them and went further down the road. They passed him. He attacked them with the shake. They still rode in the same direction. The driver went further down the road and got out of his vehicle. The cyclists still rode towards him.

Understand this: The cyclists are victims. I hope the girl gets better soon. But I would tell those cyclists to their face that they were stupid to do what they did when it was clear the idiot driver was looking for a fight. I would tell them they are lucky that this career criminal didn't jump out with a gun and start shooting at them. I would tell them in the future that sometimes it's better to swallow your pride and hold back so as to avoid confrontation with an unknown then it is to continue to ride in a dangerous situation.