Old 05-20-13, 11:56 PM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
Yeah, I have had at least six incidents that immediately come to mind where I have slowed/stopped to stay behind idiot motorist. One tried to back up into me. One wanted to stop and back into me but another motorist was in his way. One went around the block to get back behind me. Two made right turns, then a U-turn to get back behind me.

The funniest guy, kept slowing and stopping but could not get at me because of the rush hour traffic. I just waved at him. When he started driving again, he would turn his head all the way around, but he could not hold his line and repeatedly ran into the curb. He finally got so pissed, he gunned it, went a full block and a half ahead and turned into a gas station to wait for me. Too bad for him, my turn off was only half a block ahead and I made my turn while he could not see me. I still wonder how long he waited for me to ride by.
ThankYou for that, I don't feel like I'm the only one now and its just all in my mind. I've had them pull stunts like that on me too including one guy who crossed over three lanes of traffic into the oncoming flow of traffic to "get at me" and run me off into the ditch to avoid getting run down when I was riding on the shoulder on the opposite side of the road going the other direction. There are those out there who hate cyclists enough to commit what I consider to be hate crimes against them, just a fact of life. I for one do my best to avoid a direct confrontation and out think and out maneuver them but push come to shove I will fight if I have to. I'm also smart enough to use the U-lock properly if it comes down to that and that is what I have for an improvised weapon although I rarely carry a U-lock but if that is what I had and nothing better to fight with the only reason I would break a window with it is if the window was inbetween me and the guys head and I had to bust the window before I could bust his head.