View Single Post
Old 09-11-05, 09:52 AM
scum1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New wheelset? Was I had?

Ok so I had a problem with my rear bearings and took the bike to the lbs. Somehow I got talked into a new wheelset.
Bontranger race with Vittoria Zaffiro tires. So far I really like them since they have sealed bearings. I did not realize my old wheelset( stock on the trek 1200 2003 model) did not have sealed bearings and I ride in the rain a lot. So does anyone have this wheelset? if so how do you like it. I paid 297 out the door with tires and instalation. Was that a ok deal. It was a markdown from their usual price. I know they sure look nice. They are still working on my old wheelset which I'm going to use on building a new project. I figure I'll learn while building a bike up from scratch. I have since figured out my old set has sealed bearings. The look is totally different though. My old set was Matrix Aurora and was stock on my trek 1200 2003 model. They are still working on my old rear wheel. I have not rode on the new wheelset yet. Should I take them back since I was mislead into believing my old set was not sealed. Whats the real difference in the wheelsets? I ride in the rain a lot since it rains here a lot. What should I do after riding in the rain since the lbs said that is waht damaged my old wheelset bearings?