View Single Post
Old 05-26-13, 12:08 PM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BUT, bikes and more importantly their riders don't have to be as hard to see as a lot of riders choose to make them.

In no way with the possible exception of bike night ninjas am I saying that excuses people who don't keep their head up and actually look around closely when they are driving and watch for bikes.

What I am saying is that the guy wearing drab colored clothes on a drab colored bike needs to read that sign as well. In my opinion most bikes should come painted in a bright stand out florescent color preferably with reflective paint that turns the entire bikes frame into a giant reflector. The rider can also do something about the clothes he/she chooses to wear. If the bright colored spandex outfits aren't for you then a $12 bright yellow or orange reflective vest is an excellent investment. Also check the hunting section of the sporting goods section, hunters safety orange hats, coats, sweatshirts, T-shirts, vests, back-packs, fanny packs, . . . etc. . . they all make good cycling stuff too for high visibility so people are much more likely to see you.