View Single Post
Old 05-28-13, 12:32 PM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
I personally would take Roselle Road going north. Reason being that you have shorter right turn lanes to deal with. As you approach the interchange, you're in the right hand lane. When the right turn lanes appear, you stay in that same lane so that the right turn lanes are on your right. If you're not in the center of the lane, be just right of center. Don't be hugging the line to your right. Wear BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT clothing or vest, with bright flashing lights. The brighter the clothing and the farther out in the lane you are, the sooner motorists can see you and either change lanes to pass, or slow down so they can get in the right lane to get on the interstate.

The other ramps in that area should be easy with the lights. I don't think I would want to do Barrington at all.

*edit* I guess Barrington might be better if it has less traffic as you said. But then again, if you catch the red light, the distance from the red light to the first ramp is much shorter on Roselle than it is on Barrington, so in theory traffic should be going slower on Roselle as you pass the right turn lanes and ramps.

Last edited by PatrickGSR94; 05-28-13 at 12:37 PM.