Old 05-28-13, 01:59 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by David Broon
This may be too personal, but do you coach at all? Either beginner/drop in stuff, or sending plans? That, and would you consider writing a book on how to do everything about racing track? I'd buy a copy or six.
Ha! I'm flattered.

I'm a USA Cycling Category C official and I passed the USA Cycling Coaching Certification test but I didn't pay for the background check because I decided that I really didn't want to pursue coaching. My background is 100% clean. I just didn't want to spend the $ for a cert that I wasn't going to use.

Over the past few years I've been coached by some of the best in the US. Without naming names, their palmarès include: Olympic Medalist, Olympian in 3 Olympic Games, Elite World Champion, Jr World Champion, Masters World Champion, Elite National Champion. They also coached athletes to similar heights (I'm the slowest of them all). When they spoke, I listened

I, myself, have done limited coaching. I coached one person who did reasonably well on the elite national level for a brief moment before she quit racing due to personal commitments. I (as well as many others) thought she had what it takes to make it to the next level, but life got in the way.

So, no, I don't coach. And as far as a book may go, this thread is about as much as you can get from me

Last edited by carleton; 05-28-13 at 02:02 PM.