View Single Post
Old 05-28-13, 06:04 PM
meanwhile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fiery
I fall down more often when on a bicycle than when walking (5+ falls cycling vs. 0 falls walking in the last five years or more) and when I fall, I'm more likely to hit my head when falling from a bicycle than when walking. I'm wearing a helmet when cycling because it hurts less when you hit your head while wearing a helmet, and because there's less blood.

And why do I fall more often when cycling? Because I'm taking more risks when cycling than when walking, because I ride bicycles for fun and I walk to get from place A to place B.

So, neither of your presumptions is true, and neither of your conclusions is true. Seems like you didn't really think all this through, did you?
If you are incompetent cyclist, or doing stuff like bmx, then you should certainly wear a helmet. However: I consider the second obvious, and if you are the first ***you should learn to stop being incompetent.*** If you're so bad that you can't stay on the bike, the odds of your eventually doing something stupid where you go across the hood of a car and die are pretty damn high, and you should be concentrating on avoiding this rather than reduciing boo-boos.