David Broon 
Sqrl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Ha! I'm flattered.

I'm a USA Cycling Category C official and I passed the USA Cycling Coaching Certification test but I didn't pay for the background check because I decided that I really didn't want to pursue coaching. My background is 100% clean. I just didn't want to spend the $ for a cert that I wasn't going to use.

Over the past few years I've been coached by some of the best in the US. Without naming names, their palmarès include: Olympic Medalist, Olympian in 3 Olympic Games, Elite World Champion, Jr World Champion, Masters World Champion, Elite National Champion. They also coached athletes to similar heights (I'm the slowest of them all). When they spoke, I listened

I, myself, have done limited coaching. I coached one person who did reasonably well on the elite national level for a brief moment before she quit racing due to personal commitments. I (as well as many others) thought she had what it takes to make it to the next level, but life got in the way.

So, no, I don't coach. And as far as a book may go, this thread is about as much as you can get from me
So much appreciation for all of this.
That would be spectacular. A trail of blood and sealant.