View Single Post
Old 05-28-13, 06:50 PM
meanwhile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by majwell
So I ended up buying a lighter bike (Trek Cronus CX) for more than just that reason, I bought it because it was a very good deal (50% off) and would pretty much leave me nothing to desire where as the Felt, even with the fit I saw myself wanting an upgrade eventually. So why spend $1500 now only to want to spend $3000 in a few years, why not spend $2200 now and be happy for quite a few years to come.

That said the professional fit would have been cool but thinking back I think I got a fine fit from the guy who I bought it from (who races CX). I don't know how good of a pro fit I would have gotten with the Felt because they specialized in Tri Bikes (most likely why they couldn't sell a CX bike)
Well, yes: getting a cross bike fit from a cross rider is much better than from a triathlete. Enjoy the bike - although you don't have to spend $3000 for a bike just to get a fun, safe bike for a workout: that's more serious racing level investment. But if you can afford it and like the bike, great.