Old 05-28-13, 09:29 PM
bike man dean

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
have just rebuilt one

Originally Posted by Scott Fields
Hello all... I was fortunate enough to run across a 1970's Alco Villager 3 wheel bicycle, and am very excited to clean it up as a project with my 2 sons (7 and 11 years old). I just acquired it yesterday for all of $20 (my wife says I was ripped off, so please help me prove her wrong), and am concerned that the back rims are too rusty to restore. In addition, the front rim is in better shape, but is missing a spoke. Never having tried to restore a vintage bike, I am unsure if there are viable replacements for the rims and spokes? Thanks in advance for putting up with a "newbie"... I hope that this bike will start me and my kids on a new hobby of restoring bicycles, and this forum certainly seems like the place to be.
I have just rebuilt one use steel wool to clean up the wheels or the colored scouring pads. can use modern wheels on front. I paid 40.00 for mine now that it is done it looks sharp and made it worth @ 200.00 the new tricycles run @ 350.00 here in michigan. if you need more info contact
me at my e-mail jb4876@att.net rebuild it with pride you will be surprised at what you can do with them at very little expense.