Old 09-12-05, 06:47 AM
gingerbread
Beginner Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Disc Break Problems

I have a Kona Blast, i use it quite often around the city and doing so off roading, i also use it to do small drops and jumps etc. I have had it since march this year. I could feel my disc breaks (mech) were getting abit lose, so i chose to tighten them myself. They were great for the 1st day afterwards, but after doing some small lips and off road on wet grass they wernt working very well, i had to really pull on the lever to make them break and i could no longer pull skids (not that i do very often but i was just testing them). i thought that it was just because they were wet, and therefor not working to the full. But when taking the bike out the next day the breaks were the same.
I want to know what i can do about this, should i try tightening my brakes again? Or is it posible that my break pads have gone? i didnt think pad could wear away so quick and in such a short amount of time.
i am going to do some cross country and downhilling this weekend and they ned to be working properly by then.
Cheers for any help
Aidan