Old 06-01-13, 08:37 PM
trueno92
Building a better Strida

Bikes: bianchi brava 1988. fuji track 2007, 2006 Bianchi Pista, 1987 Miele and a strida knock off

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stilltooslow
Why not?
2nd'd why not? My blood showed high levels of inflammatories.. or what was explained to me as my body thinking i am injured and its over producing the stuff to fight off the resulting stuff that is produced from healing the injury, internally? So, anti-inflammatory drugs would be the go-to answer, right? does it do something that makes me more prone to injuring it later or making for a slower future recovery?

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Yeah, but I don't think it's the unclipping that's causing your issue... the pedal / cleat may be holding your foot in a position that just isn't working for you. Obviously a platform pedal can't do that, which is why I thought it might be good to try it out. Regardless, please update this thread as you learn new info.
I never really thought of that, as the rides being 3-4 hrs or even the straight 1.5h on the rollers never made me think about my ankles for a second and the only thing I can trace the pain to being in common is with the area pressured in unclipping... and that made me start un-clipping by turning the ankle towards the seat-tube toe outwards... either motion towards/away does not trigger any hint of pain after unclipping or even hours after unclipping.. this injury and the previous more minor ones had always been a 'morning-after' mystery....

I will certainly try to complete this with as much info as possible as i know others like myself google stuff and stumble upon threads, such as this..!

Last edited by trueno92; 06-01-13 at 08:42 PM.