Old 06-03-13, 09:09 AM
thiocyclist

Bikes: 2015 Salsa Vaya 3, 2011 Windsor Oxford, 1974 Schwinn Continental

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know how to post my data (I use MyFitnessPal), but based on my height, weight and activity level it starts me of at 1750 kcal a day and ramps that up if I ride my bike or do other exercises. I believe at a 0 weight gain/weight loss it suggested 2150 kcal a day for me but that was a while ago when I checked. I usually clock in at plus-or-minus 50 kcal of the goal, but of course there are times like a couple of days ago where friends are constantly chucking free beers at me and I know I went over. I was just starting to shed the pounds again too.

My diet consists of as many legumes as I can get, not a whole lot of meat but probably 1-2 servings a week, yogurt/skim milk, fresh fruit if I have time to go to the store for it. The problem with my diet comes when I don't make the time to shop and am left with all the old junk food that is basically gifted to us some way or other, usually thrift (visiting relatives go buy the chips combo at some restaurant and leave the chips at our place, etc.). Of course I really try to avoid that situation because it's not at all filling. My biggest problem food is probably hummus because I can put way more of it away than I need. I also have a shot of whiskey every few days but I honestly don't think that amounts to much to care about as far as my diet goes.