View Single Post
Old 06-03-13, 10:27 AM
Yo Spiff
Carpe Velo

Bikes: 2000 Bianchi Veloce, '88 Schwinn Prologue, '90 Bianchi Volpe,'94 Yokota Grizzly Peak, Yokota Enterprise, '16 Diamondback Haanjo, '91 Bianchi Boardwalk, Ellsworth cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Thanks, I'll take a look at those as well. I'll get the expensive ones if I have to but I'm not convinced I have to. I ride with $25 shorts from Nashbar and they are the most comfortable shorts I have. I'm hopeful that I can find something comfortable for her that I can afford a few pairs of. I ordered a $35 pair or road shorts from Aerotech last night. One pair, to see if they fit right and how she likes them before spending a lot. She still wants the cute skorts but understands how pricey they are. We did also find some cover ups that do essentially the same thing and she could have one of those to wear with multiple shorts. She's having some vanity issues with being a larger lady on a bike. Myself, I don't care how they look on me.

Originally Posted by Pamestique
Sometimes I have to cut out the liner or "man pantie". I make sure the short as at least 15% spandex for wicking and comfort. As you know, trying to ding woth regular cotton shorts is asking for trouble. Also no underwear under Lycra... the underwear maybe the source of her chafing.
Are you saying you completely remove the pad in men's shorts?

She did figure out that the source of her chafing was the Bellwether shorts she took off my shelf. Usually she takes my Nashbar or Pearl Izumi liner shorts and those haven't caused a problem. These Bellwethers had a sewn seam in the pad right where her sitbones are.