Old 09-12-05, 03:56 PM
swifferman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gastro
Don't hate on the Xbox. By the sound of things he's already got the boring anal middle aged roadie market cornered.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is you can't turn the shop into a freeride shop by merely loading up on high end freeride bikes, putting up posters (are you kidding me?) or by sticking a tv playing The Collective in a dark corner. If you haven't noticed, the industry seems to be defined by these perceived subsets of subsets of subcultures, all "doing their own thing." I was just relaying my observations of what it takes to hit a certain target demographic, which I believe is what seely was asking in the first place.

Got any real advice swiff?
I don't know what you mean by the last sentence and if it was supposed to sound a little angry but it's one thing to give advice and it's another to give a little more reserved advice based on the information given. Personally, I see a hell of a lot more $1000 road bikes being sold then $1000 free ride bikes. And if you don't think those kinds of things would scare off roadies, go and read some of the threads in the Road Cycling forum. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff they concentrate on.

Now, notice seely's portrayal of his owner's reluctance to do push FR bikes. I was just thinking, a guy who doesn't really even want to stock the bikes would not want to do some of the things you were suggesting. Evidently he already was for some of them though.

That's my "real advice" or rather my rational explanation for it.